February 15, 2010

Greetings from Poland

Ryan and I started dating roughly a year ago. A week after our first date was Valentine's Day, and he was in Poland. We had tried to get as much time together in as possible before he left as after that he was in India for two weeks. So he leaves and I'm still thinking about him and our dates. He calls during the week to see how I am... and to my pleasant surprise, those calls were wonderful.

Valentine's Day rolls around and I'm forced to call Ryan in Poland and thank him for the ridiculously embarrassing display of roses I received at my office with a note that said, "Greetings from Poland". So I have to then walk through my office of almost 100% men with all the comments and questions and comments from the peanut gallery: "Somebody likes you", "Who's the guy, Brooke?" "Tell me about him." Embarrassed... and completely smitten.

Fast forward one year: we're married, we live in Maine, I get a dozen roses (again) on Valentine's Day. We decide to cook a seafood feast for dinner--yes, for the two of us. Menu: Blackened Tuna, Scallops Provencal, Crusted Haddock, Lemon Rice Pilaf and Steamed Brocolli. I know, it's a lot for two. But it was sooo delicious. And, we cooked it all together, which was the best part. My first time cooking scallops and they were amazing! Ryan's tuna turned out well too and the haddock we have down pat.

Today while driving around with our realtor he informs us that, "Everyone wants a great kitchen but when it comes down to it, nobody really cooks." Obviously, he hasn't been to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment